We are pleased to announce that we will be offering a series of Open Badges to the participants of the Open Education Challenge! The first one, which is available today, is the Candidates' badge. It is a Mozilla Open Badge which belongs to you and certifies your status as a candidate of the Open Education Challenge. You can display it on your website or social networking sites, or add it to badges from other sources to show your full skill set. We will continue to issue badges to certify further achievements in the Challenge.
There will be four badges in total, representing different levels of achievement in the challenge:
How to claim your badge
1. Go to the login page and log in with the same account you used for your application (LinkedIn or Twitter).
2. On the home page, you will see the list of badges. Click on the OEC Candidate Badge.
3. A pop-up window will open where you must log in to Mozilla Backpack. If you don't have an account, you will need to create one.
4. Once you have logged in, Mozilla Backpack will prompt you to confirm that you want to accept the OEC Candidate badge.
5. If you click yes, the badge will be added to your Mozilla Backpack and you can download it to share on your social media pages or your website.
Currently, the badges are only available for the person who submitted the application. To claim a badge for other members of the team, the person who submitted the application will need to send us an email with the full name of each additional team member, along with a link to their LinkedIn or Twitter account and the email address they use for that account. We will create an account for them on the OEC website and send them the login information so that they can also access their badge. Please send us this information by 14 April, 2014.
If you have any questions about the badges, please leave a comment or contact us.